Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bus Ride With Papa

Just got back from Baguio City. I was with family for a vacation. It was supposed to be a 2-day vacation but papa and I just had it for 1 day. I need to complete my employment requirements for smooth boarding with my new employer. So, mama, sisters and others went ahead and papa stayed so I can have companion when I travel to Baguio. It's about 6 to 7 hours ride from Manila. I was so disappointed coz I'll be missing a lot. But it turned out to be a blessing. I had a great time talking to papa. It's been a while since we had that kind of conversation. Papa told me about his fears, struggles, and dreams when he was still young and single. About the things he wanted but was not able to do. About the things he worries when we we're growing up. We never knew about all those things when we're still kids coz we really don't know what life is. But papa told me now. And I'm glad we had the chance to bond even for a while. Right now, I'm already in Manila, so far away from my family. Those times I spent with them was a real treasure.

No comments: